Translator

'La Paz' by MrTomHol

'La Paz' by MrTomHol


'La Paz' by MrTomHol.

It is experimental lacquer, scented nail polish.

Once upon the time (some time ago), during the Chess game, few ideas crossed my mind. Just like that I had decided to create something new. As the result of the experiment, nail polish gained interesting scent. Because I am Gentleman not a lovely Lady, I did use my glass Chess set to test it. 

Matt pieces in texture aren't identical but similar to the surface of nail plate, clear glass pieces allowed me to test the lacquer's consistency and stickiness to very smooth surface. As well I did test how fast they dry, how coats react with each other, how hard they get, and how well they smell when dried.

While choosing and mixing scents, I made composition of scents to make whole set pleasurable, because I do play Chess with it. This is why I did make composition of many oils, in the way they can compliment each other, and be pleasant during the game. The colors also was my choice. Matter of fact I did shop around for the base lacquers nice few days. Because I've had in mind custom color, which eventually I did make myself successfully.

Dark players are in Coffee/Chocolate scent. Pearl players are in the tone of Milk/Honey. Gold detailing around the board and on the pieces is protected by clear lacquer made with Mint/Eucalyptus. As you probably know (if you know), sometimes I do experiment with making my own perfumes. Matter of fact, such new things I'm often making with use of oils from all over the World, including my favorite the Egyptian oils. So, trust me, if I tell you Chess set smelled nice, it means Chess set smelled nice. By the way, now is May2023. After many months colors of the pieces are super, scent isn't very intense. I think is fair to say: whole Chess set continuously smell cool, but intensity is much more gentle and less noticeable (barely noticeable).

Unfortunately this whole experiment has also bad side of the story - I could see very serious issues with this concept. What I mean by that is: I think, if the composition of the scents is right, for example enough pleasurable and yummy, many people very fast will eat lacquer from own nails. Such product obviously isn't designed for consumption, and chewing on the finger tips isn't always hygienic. Also, because of used oils during the process of mixing scents, the lacquer is little bit more softer. It means, lovely Ladies will have to take care of their nails much more often. Oh, wait wait, or maybe the last issue isn't actually an issue. 

However, it was experiment like many others of my experiments. Long hours of composing own focus on detailing, patience, mixing ideas and joy, overall, super experience. Checkmate.